Thursday 21 November 2013

Fall time, fun time

Autumn is definitely becoming my favourite season of the year. The British summer is overhyped, this year we have been lucky, but generally we have such sporadic bursts of sunshine that its not worth it. Last year we had precisely 10 days of sunshine in all, so that's not a good number at all. Fall on the other hand is perfect. Its not too cold, the leaves change colour and best of all, you can get your mitts on  all the wonderful Christmas gift offers which start to trickle in as early as October. And then of course there is Starbucks festive flavour offering. I am not a huge coffee fan but I love the Spicy Pumkin Latte and the Orange Mocha Latte so I have been a regular at my local Starbucks. Oh, and there is Halloween, good fun if you want to play dress up as adults. Sadly, my favourite club Priory got shutdown so we had to make do with a trawl down Belmont Street with stints in Slain's Castle and Revolution. And then there is Diwali, one of my favourite festivals. All in all, the last two months have been fun.

My garden gave the last of its bloom, I have been lucky with my roses this year. Even Lilly agreed that mommy's gardening skills have improved. 






Diwali was quite fun this year. For starters, we won the series against Australia. I had bought some crackers to light but as it was raining very heavily, I had to make do with sparklers instead. There was mixed success with homemade Gulab Jamun, but that's another story.




There have been many walkies recently with Captain, Lilly on the other hand hates going for a walk, she's more of a home girl but even she enjoyed a recent outing to this beautiful park near our home. 





And then there was the Guy Fawkes Night and the Winter Lights Festival at the beach. This is one event I really enjoy, of course it s$@t cold, so you have to layer up. But its great fun playing with the faux jedi swords and singing along to the Proclaimers 500 miles. Seriously if you are in scotland, this is one song that you have to be able to sing along, its sort of equivalent to Om Shanti Om, circa Rishi Kapoor. 







That's what I have been upto recently. Now that the weather is changing, I am looking forward to Christmas and New Year's Eve. Let the party begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment